Friday, April 16, 2010

C.R.A.F.T. GDT card

Happy Friday everyone!!


Just a quick post to share with you my Guest Design Team card for C.R.A.F.T. challenge blog; a card which I did last weekend. This week we have a challenging sketch for you; one that makes you stretch a bit of your brain muscles, but it is always so fu to see what peeps come out with when you leave room for embellies, ideas etc..


This is the sketch I'm talking about, made by wonderful Eileen.







I wanted to use my new Magnolia cutie, Tilda with three flowers, I just LOVE that bandana on her head, anyway I love all my Maggies, ad this one is no exception!

I used Eva BG papers (sorry I use Basic Grey on almost all my cards :)and I have a soft spot for lilacs, purples and soft blues, so I'm enjoying this paper pack a lot.







I coloured her in Copics, and mounted my Maggie on a bed of individual lace flowers, which I like. That is why I decided to use some strong- coloured purple paper in the background. It really catches the eye. I also matted her with two doilies, to create the circle in the sketch. Finally, before I glue everything in place, I used Tattered Rose Glimmer mist on the triangular shape for some lovely shiny effect.. I just love that stuff!! Thank you Sonja for making this possible for me to create. Sending you big hugs your way xxx









Good day to all! I hope you join the fun at CRAFT challenge, and show us your interpretation on the sketch. If you want more ideas on how you can use it (the sketch), do go and have a look on the challenge blog to see what the lovely DT created.




Happy weekend! This weekend we'll be having the Pope in Malta, so a lot of preparation going on here :)







Maggie Smiles to all!

BTW.. my friend Sheila made her first Magnolia card on her blog, after I sent her some images to try (I want to get her hooked on these Tildas.. but Shhh don't tell her!!) *giggles*.Go and see it.. she did a marvelloue job, and leave her some love :)





Close up of the colouring. You can also see the Milled Lavender Stickles I used on her clothes :)

Basic Grey papers used on this creation, and Stickles are from Roses on Paper You will also find a selection of loely Magnolia stamps at Summer's Store. I just LOVE those stamps!



Thanks for looking

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card and colouring is beautiful!

Gry-Beate said...

What a lovely card!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Julie said...

Your card is lovely, nicely work with a tricky sketch

Sheila said...

ROFL...you are so funny!!! Thanks for the lovin'. Yes, I am getting hooked on Maggies. I just pre-ordered the new 2010 Collection. See what you've done to me!! LOL

Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I'm learning from the BEST! That sketch looked difficult, but you made it look so easy!!

Even though I am home all day, I wish I could play all day, but People First! (Ok, how many exclamation points did I use?) LOL

The Pope...WOW!! Have you met him before? You are truly blessed!

Hugs xxx

Irena said...

Wonderful card :)

Victoria said...

stunningly gorgeous and so beautifully coloured in love all aspects about it x

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous!! hugs Juls

Trimgym said...

Hi Rosette, what a gorgeous card. I'm glad you were able to be our GDT this month.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Annika said...

Your colouring is stunning! Beautiful card inside and out!
TFS
Hugs
Annika