Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RoP Challenge 20 - Colour challenge

Whoppee!! Another week has flown, my goodness how does time fly?? :) We really need to make the most of each day that God gives us!



Moreover two weeks passed from the last RoP challenge, and thank you.. we had such lovely response and great creations! Thank God for Random Integer, otherwise it would be a torture having to choose from the enormous talent out there! Yesterday a fresh challenge started, I'm sorry I was busy to post it then. Also in the evening I'm getting rather tired.. dunno the cause!



Anyway.. enough talk.. onto the challenge :) This week it was talented Susan's turn to choose the theme. Susan LOVES colour challenges, and boy did I love this combo!
for this challenge she wanted to see cards with :




Lavender, Soft Blue and Cream!




Now here comes the challenge's rules. Please read carefully if you intend to participate (which I highly recommend as the prize is GREAT!) Remember that we also permit you to combine the challenge with others, but the work must be new; and remember to link your post to RoP challenge blog, so that our friends will find us as well.



**Please read these details carefully as the qualifying stamp companies have changed! We will no longer be taking Sarah Kay or Rachelle Anne Miller stamps in our challenges as I can no longer carry them in my store. The only qualifying brands of stamps that can be used now are: Belles 'n Whistles, Magnolia, Alota, Greeting Farm OR Bildmalarnas (*NEW to Roses on Paper!*) stamp in order to qualify!**


The prize for this challenge will be an exciting new

Belles 'n Whistles stamp from Summer's not-yet-released Fall Collection
as well as a new Bildmalarna, Mimosa with Umbrella
! Whoooo hooo







This is the sample card I did for this challenge. I used Ballerina Anya, she is cute, and even though it is not one of their most recent releases, but my hand keeps reaching out for it. I love her cuteness, and I had people ask me whether I intend to make Ballerina Cards again (they buy them a lot here, as we have quite a lovely number of children who choose to do Ballet lessons.. or their mothers choose.. lol)










I coloured her in Copics and used Stickles for Bling. I cut out the image and mounted her on a nestie shape, using glue on the left hand side, and mini foam pads on her lifted for and arm on the right hand side. She looks like she's really dancing.





Look at this photo, it shows the dimension this gave to Anya.


By the way, before I mounted the image on the nestie shape, I inked the background with Mulled Lavender Distress Ink, leaving the nestie die on so that I leave a white border. Next I did some faux stitching around.








The inside is simple, yet effective. I used that strip of embossed flowers, luckily it had the three colours I needed! Lucky indeed :)




I must be off now... there are kids to feed, and chores to do.. and NEW images to colour!!
Brace yourself for some cuteness later this week ;) recipe and colours used on this card below.


Image: The Greeting Farm (Ballerina Anya)
Paper: Wisteria Basic Grey and a piece of Glittered Checked Lavender cardstock
Cream flowers: Papermania
Lavender flowers, mini rhinestones: from stash
Dewdrops and stickles: Roses on Paper
Tools: Nestie dies, MS Doily lace punch and branch punch
Sentiment: Rub on





Copic Colours: Skin: V000, E000,E21,R20


Hair: Y23,E25,E31,E35,E29,E47


Blues: B91,B95,B97


Thanks for the love you leave me here, and for your Support!



God bless you

Rosette

9 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

She is absolutely adorable! WOW! I love the colors you used and the embellishing is just amazing! GORGEOUS card, Rosette!

Juls said...

so cute!! Love her little sparkly dress!

Susan said...

Very pretty Rosette and a wonderful color combo Susan picked for the challenge. I hope to find time to do this challenge as well.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Rosette,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jodi said...

This is just so sweet! Love the coloring you did on this little cutie pie!
Hugs
Jodi =)

WickedPixie said...

She is beautiful! Such lovely coloring and I love the lilac roses! :-)Traci

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Rosette, the way that you have mounted your anya image is really effective and i love the sweet glittery ballerina dress. hugs rachxx

Jacque said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card, Rosette!!! That little girlie is just precious...your coloring is lovely and the dimension you have added is so attractive...a real stunner, sweetie...Hugs...Jacque

Vanja said...

Stunning card! Fabulous papers and colouring.
Hugs, Vanja