Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Willow searching for New Year's Blessings



I really enjoyed doing this card. This Willow is inspiring me a lot, and I'm really pleased with the result! :) And you know what? It is Roses on Paper DT work, and it fits into four challenges! Yay! I had done cards that fitted into two, but four... this is the first! Don't you just love how sparkly she is?? :)
First I water-coloured the image, layer by layer.. leaving it to dry before adding depth and shadow( this was done for three times). When I was satisfied, I added sparkle with gel pen glitter colour from damp paintbrush. When that was dry, I covered the whole dress with 3D crystal lacquer. It really stands out!!
Now for the Challenges ;) Basic Grey.. is going green! :) They wants us to use recycled objects on our card (such as used cardboard, buttons etc.. and I used recycled cardboard for stamping.




My time to Craft wants to see the Colour Green in the card, Spoon Full of Sugar wants us to make a card for the New Year... and the sentiment goes with that. Cute Card Thursday wanted any card for any occasion... that was easy! So I will enter it for all!

The ingredients used will be listed below. All the highlighted materials are obviously a few among the gorgeous things you can find at Roses on Paper.. together with all the offers you get there.. such as the reward points tou add every time you purchase anything from Summer. These can be added till you can get a free stamp! so what you're waiting for!!?




White cardboard
Basic Grey Papers: Wassail and Sugared Paper packs
Stamp: Willow with Lantern (whiff of joy)
Prima Flowers
Dew Drops These come in such gorgeous bottles one can always refill! I fell in love with them :)
Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch,
3D Crystal Lacquer
Sentiment: computer Generated
Sizzix Tag Die
Brads (Gold)
Fancy Paper clip
Embroidery thread

Tip: To have a matching brad, use a gold or plain brad, punch a small piece of extra paper from the DP you're using in the card.. glue it on the brad. After you fix it in place, cover with 3D crystal lacquer and leave to dry :) Voila! You have a lovely matching brad! :)

P.S. The winner of my Blog candy, Robin didn't get in touch! Please do so.. if you don't till Christmas Day in the evening, I will have to choose another winner!

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas Blogging Buddies! This year I will treasure it mostly for the Wonderful friends that I have made in the Blogging World.. friends that have improved my card making, and enriched my life with their love. Hugz to you all!! ♥

Thanks for looking

18 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE the card Rosette! I love how you colored it....totally awesome and I love the sentiment as well as how you attached the sentiment to the card. I hope to buy some stamps soon from Roses On Paper so that I can join in on the challenges and this is one of the images I'm considering. I just love it.

Merry Christmas Rosette!
Hugs,
Susan

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love how you have coloured the image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge.
Happy Christmas

tiggertastic said...

my goodness this is so Beautiful, your colour work of the stamps is outstanding. i also love the little tag work with the flower

Wishing you a very happy christmas, and a good crafting 2009

Sarah x

Rina said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Rosette and many warm blessings to you and your family, during this holiday season.

God Bless~

maxine said...

Fantastic card Rosette. I love this stamp, the layout is fantastic. I would like to wish you a Happy new year. Maxine

stampingtink said...

She's just stunning, Rosette! I love how you colored her and then added the extra crystal lacquer to make it shine. And it's so great that one card fits into so many different categories. She's just beautiful.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Rosette :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Heather said...

Beautiful card, stunning colours and a lovely layout.
All the best for the New Year.
hugs Heather xx

Lesley said...

Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Desirée said...

That was a beautiful card! Hope your have a nice christmas! The weather up here is bad, but the christmas is nice :)

Hugs from Desiree

Chris said...

A beautiful card Rosette and your water colouring is stunning! I love your idea for making a matching brad. Chris x

Phree said...

Beautiful card, fab colouring!

Jo Nevill said...

What a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us in our challenge. Happy New Year.

Hugs,

Jo x

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful card!! Your coloring is just fantastic Rosette!!!!

Hugs,
Iris

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is beautiful - thanks for joining the MTTC challenge this week!

Trina said...

Beautiful card! I love this image too, and you made her look so elegant!! Beautiful designer paper and I love the punches you used!

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful recycling. love the tip on matching brads, TFS! Happy New Year!
Kim :)

Jodi said...

Such a beautiful card! I LOVE your coloring too! =)