Friday, April 22, 2011

A Little Something from me again..

My dear Blog Buddies!!

I've been away for months now, and oh my! how much I missed crafting, blogging and your friendship! But for these couple of months I have been veeery busy and had more important things to do. But every now and again I manage to do a little something, and so I just came for a quick posting to share it with you.. and seize the occasion to leave an Easter blesing for all of you!





Some days ago I did a card and a matching tin for some sweeties :) One of the Sisters had her Birthday, and we thought we'd do something special for her.
I didn't have much time to colour in an image, so I printed a gorgeous saying from Karen's lovaly selection, and used last weeks's Sketch from Sketch Saturday.. but didn't post it in time to enter it there.

It felt a bit awkward, and it took me quite some hours to make the card, as it had been months since I finished one :) But hey, here it is, and I hope you liked it.

The tin I used to make a fun container for some sweeties is a recycled Milupa Camomile tin, I find it a wonderful size, and easy to embellish. Only the lid is a bit soft, but I managed to do it as well (thank God for nesties!) :)





I used quite some flowers, bling and a wide ribbon (the same I used on the card). I also added a couple of dangling charms, held with a large brad.

The papers I used are Blueberry Hill, Papermania. I just love the soft tones, and the fact that it is an A4 paper pack it's lovely for such projects.



I used a Stampelglede stamp for the Cross.

I have checked the list of challenge blogs, and well, I saw I may fit these into a couple of them :)

C.R.A.F.T Challenge: Flowers
Stampavie and More: Birthdays (I have done these for a Birthday occasion)
ABC Challenge: S is for Sparkle (I used glitter glue etc)
Cupcake Challenge: Lots of Layers



A side view of the tin.





I also decorated the inside with a couple of computer generated sentiments, and a Stempelglede stamped frame. I used Weathered wood Distress ink for the frame.





I hope you are having a wonderful Spring. I am sending you tons of hugs and lovely wishes for a wonderful Easter. I hope that you are giving your soul some refreshing time as well, and may the Risen CHrist bless you and your families, in whatever part of trhe world you are in !!

13 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

These are just stunning Rosette and so lovely to see you back again. The perfect gift.

Easter Blessings.

Much love,

Jo x

uksharon said...

Absolute stunning creations - fabulous detail.
Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week and sharing your awesome talent with us.
Best wishes, Sharon

Christina C. said...

I've missed your beautiful works of art!!!! You haven't lost your magic touch....this is absolutely phenomenal!!!!!!!

Julie M said...

Lovely to see you back and crafting again, Rosette - you certainly haven't lost your touch - beautiful work.

Julie :o)

Donna said...

Stunning card and altered tin Rosette...fab layers you have created! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card and altered tin, Thank you for joining in with us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week. good luck.
Kevin xx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Rosette.

Hugs Riet.xx

sharon said...

Wonderful card and tin. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Elaine M said...

So wonderful to see a post from you! I know the birthday Sister will love your gift and the card is just lovely. Be blessed this Easter and always - hugs

Poppit said...

Wow, what a beautiful and elegant gift set. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge.

Desirée said...

So beautiful! Its good to have you back!

Hugs from Desiree

Angélique said...

WOW! Your card is just breathtaking!
Thank you very much for sparkling with us at ABC-Challenges :)

*hugs*
Angélique

Susan said...

Both your card and tin are beautiful Rosette. You have not lost your touch. I have missed seeing you blog and posting your creations. It was so nice to see this post. Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter. Hope to see you posting again soon my friend!