Saturday, March 27, 2010

Willow makes a three- fer

Hi all!!

Have you been looking forward for the weekend? Oh my, if you had a week like mine, you surely have been craving for it!! :) But finally it's here. Not that I have been free to play, mind you..but at least it's better now.. and I need to unwind!






I have this Wedding card to share with you today. I have made it with Creative Inspirations' sketch for this week, and then I realised it fits into other two challenges: Totally Gorjuss; who wants to see hearts, and Crafty Calendar Challenge, whose theme is : Flower Power.







I have coloured Willow with Distress inks on watercolour paper. I then matted on Core' dinatons cardsock, and used Papermania Colossial Warm papers as main DP.








The large red rose is a Magnolia flower, and the white flowers with pearls were in my stash. Fnally i added a couple of other half pearls, two other pink mini roses, "antique" coloured braid and a dangling shoe horse charm, from our local Craft Shop "Hobby World".


The round sentiment is a Studio G Clear stamp. Finally I added some Candy Cane Stickles for some shine. I'm glad I have finished this card in two days (on and off.. but better than the other.. which took me three) :) Lots of people ask me for Wedding cards, but I never had the right stamps. So thank you Sonja for making this possible for me. Big hugs and thanks :)


I sprayed the rose with Tattered Rose Glimmer mist, and then touched the edges with Candy Cane Stickles.






The inside view. Prima flower and Basic Grey Rhinestones and Brad are from Roses on Paper.I hope you like it, and that you'll let me know what you think of this card. I appreciate each and every comment, and come back soon for more creations to share. Happy weekend, and thank God that another week is over, and we have some time to sare with our loved ones.









Smiles!
Thanks for looking

17 comments:

stephanne said...

Hi Rosette, I hope you've had some time to unwind!! Your creation is divine, I just love the little bursts of red against the antique tones, your colouring, as usual, is exquisite and the use of Nat's sketch is spot on, thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
Stephanne

*Şђ@яOή* ™ said...

Hi!

The card is lovely, I'm sure it would be any bride's pride! Last night I finished the cover of 2 cards, one mother's day card and one for father's day, if you want to see them I've uploaded them on my blog. Thanks for the lovely comment, in fact Caroline told me she talked to you and she's going to bring more card making stuff such as the sizzix and papers. I can't wait! I hope to make loads more cards once exams are over! God bless and tc!

Shirley N said...

A gorgeous card!

Juls said...

WOW!!!! so so gorgeous!!! Love the red and white together!! Hugs Juls

Net said...

That's lovely! What a super card.

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

Sol said...

This Card is just Stunning! WOW!
The composition is lovely. Cutting of image likewise and Colouring is amazing! I just love this card! :)

Kat said...

Totally gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG this week.

Kat x

Sheila said...

As always, Rosette, absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing your God given talent with us.

Hugs, Sheila

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just totally gorgeous. I love the jewel tones you used - the red makes such an impact. I saw it yesterday on Card of the Week and was drooling over it! Great job on the sketch challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Creative Inspirations.

Debbie said...

A stunning card Rosette, the image is beautiful and I love all the gorgeous detailing both on the front of the card & inside the card.
Hugs
Debbie x

Squirrel x said...

So pretty. Great card, thanks for playing with us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Hugs, Squirrel x

Christy said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!

LISA said...

Your card is nothing less than stunning!!!!! wow if only i could make cards like this lol

amanda stokes said...

Stunning card!
Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss!
hugs amanda xx

Renkata said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Great colouring and details.

Susan said...

So sweet and serene. It's a beautiful card Rosette.

Debs said...

Beautiful card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs