Thursday, June 11, 2009

As sweet as Strawberries!





I have another card for you today, a card made from the beautiful sketch super talented Jacque gave us for Friday Sketchers Challenge this week. I've been wanting to make something with it since last Friday! Thank you sweetie, it was lovely to create with it, I'll be definately using it again! ;)If you haven't visited Jacque yet.. I tell you.. you MUST go and pay her a visit! She always includes something extraordinary in her creations!





Detail of the embellishments and pearls.

I will also enter this card for Charizma Cards, which theme this week is "Yummy".. Strawberries are yummy to me more than cakes, so I hope it counts! :) Also ABC Challenge this week gave us R is for Roses.. I have some roses there, don't you think?! :)

I used this cute HAnglar image that I've been given, I coloured with my usual Distress ink; and yes I used again Blues and Reds together!!! I told you last week that I must be sick!! lol


Sorry i'll try to change my colour next time! lol I used Crystal Lacquer on both outside and inside strawberries, to give them some shine and dimension. I added pearls, Spellbinders swirl dies, and some gold brads for the ribbon. Sorry I changed a bit the ribbon design Jacque, I liked it this way :) The computer generated sentiment is popped up on foam pads.



Inside View

I hope you feel inspired now more to join in these challenges as well :) As for our challenge on ROP, you have still 3 more days to enter. I'll be visiting the entries soon :) Big hugs to you, and I hope that this card will bring a smile on your face today.





If it does, please let me know by leaving me acomment here, I'd be delighted to hear from you. I dedicate the inside sentiment to you! Love ya!!





Distress colours used:

Face and body parts: Tea Dye and Fired Brick
Dress and shoes: Broken China
Strawberries and leggings : Red Mahogany, and some Fired Brick as well
Hair and the thing she is sitting on (sorry don't know what to call it!): Vintage Photo, Scaterred Straw and Walnut Stain
Straw: Scatteres Straw ans Antique Linen
Green part of strawberry and grass: Pine Needles






Thanks for looking

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

a truley beautiful card Rosette, love these colours together. hugs rachxx

Roxy said...

How cute is this?! Its a really lovely card Rosette, and indeed yummy. Thanks for joining in with Charisma Cardz.

Roxy

Anki said...

Just soo beautiful Rosette! Sorry for not being able to visit your blog earlier this week. It's been so hectic, but fun with the new release. Kramisar min vän - Anki

Susan said...

I see you have been busy creating! I'm a bit behind on visiting you. Love your card....inside and out. The colors are fabulous!

Jacque said...

Beautiful card, Rosette...These colors are magnificent and your coloring is awesome...truly awesome!!! Splendid take on the sketch,Hon, and I appreciate so much your joining in during my week...Big hugs for you...Jacque

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oMG.. i can not belive you compliment me on my coloring!!! Rosette this is just a dream card!
love it

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow hunny this card is as delicious as those straweberries! i love the image you've used here and that fabulous detail youve added to the inside of your card. Lovely bright summery card, thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

Sally said...

Lovely card. Love the colors you have used. Thank you for taking part in our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

strawberry fields said...

Stunning card! Fabulous!
Lovely blog :)
Fiona x

strawberry fields said...

fabulous card....grogeous colours
fiona x

Christina C. said...

Wow, what an extraordinarily stunning card!!!! Love it!
Hugs, Christina

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Rosette,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love hte colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Vee said...

Stunning card and beautiful colours.Thanks for joining in the fun a Charisma this week
xx Vee