Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally!






Hello friend




Does it ever happen to you that you start a project, and doesn't get to finish it day after day?? Sometimes I am able to finish a creation in a day or two.. other times; like in this case, a project takes me 4 days to finish! Sigh!!

I don't blame myself, cause taking care of a bunch of kids 24 hrs is no joke, especially in Summer holidays and the week before School starts. I am dreaming of colours, stationery, copybooks and plastic wrappers.. I've been seeing them lying all around all week! Duh!


Anyway finally I finished my card with tis cutie patootie.. isn't he darling??








He is another gorgeous design from the new Fall Belles 'n Whistles release. Look at that cute boy's expression while he is handing one of his precious treats to the scarecrow!! I can't get over that cute innocent look! Innocent, selfless love is the sweetest thing on earth!

I didn't have Halloween papers or embellies, but I used Lime rickey paper from Basic Grey to coordinate with the orange,black and blue green colour scheme I used on this card. Halloween is very new in Malta, so I made it sort of a thank you/ friendship/ Halloweeny card! :)

I used the present sketch at Midnight Madness Challenge - Week 20. It was a bit hard at first, but I was determined to give it a go :) Then I also kept in mind Simon says Challenge which this week is using real/faux Stitches. (like our Roses on Paper challenge)

Both sentiments are Studio G clear stamps,the round one is stamped on a scrap piece of card stock.I cut it round with a nestie, and then traced the outward curve on a glittered black cardstock for some bling. I used the same cardstock to mat the image and the other panels. I colored the image in Copics (sorry i forgot to take the photo of the numbers used this time!!).








The inside is kept simple, yet I think it did a lovely effect. I added some faux stitches there as well, and embellished with some flower embellies and a punched out flower.

Have a happy week (weekend is very near now), and thank you for finding the time to come here, read all this and spend some time on my little space. Thank you for all the support and love you leave me here. I can never tell you enough how much you make my day. God bless you!





Thanks for looking

18 comments:

Phyllis said...

Congratulations on last week win for MMM. A truly awesome creation. Now for this week. What a wonderful Halloween card. That scarecrow is sooo cute!! Love all your papers and embellishments!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week. We will be looking for you next week as well!!

Phyllis - MMDesign Team

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rosette :-)I love this scarecrow image and you coloured it beautifully ;-) The papers and embellies you used are perfect too :-)
Pity we don't have much use for these halloween cards in Malta eh Rosette !! We definitely have to meet one of these fine days :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Christina C. said...

What a stunning card, Rosette!!!
Love this image and you colored it to perfection. Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

Oooh this is gorgeous, your colouring is perfect and i just love the cute image. Great job!
Hugs xx
Pat

Lilian said...

Dear Rosette, your card is stunning! Love your coloring with the Copics! I think the papers match the cutie perfectly! Gorgeous work! I know this took awhile to make but it was worth the wait. :)
I can honestly relate to the slow card/project making that can take days to finish. In my case, nights. sigh. Wish we had more time to make these lovelies.

Don't stress & Have a wonderful day with your kiddies ;)

Carol Hurlock said...

How cute and adorable this creation is. Your colors are just cheerful and delectable. I just love all the buttons you used for accent. Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing MMSC with us this week. Congratulations on last weeks win. Keep checking back at Priscilla's blog for more fun happenings in the next month.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Anonymous said...

Nice card!! Love the colouring!

PS: I have an award for you in my blog! ♥

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is the cutest Halloween image ever!! Love your coloring and design!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!!

Jacque said...

Oh!!! What a cutie this one is!!! Your coloring is divine and this image is just darling...Great job, sweetie...Hugs..Jacque

WickedPixie said...

This is perfectly gorgeous (and that image is SOOO sweet!!) :-)Traci

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Congrats on winning at MMSC last week, Rosette! Your cards are always beautiful. And yes, I do understand the cards that take more than 4 days LOL. And those other ones that are so much quicker, right? :) It's still fun nevertheless. Thanks for giving this sketch a go, it's wasn't easy even for me. xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Susan said...

So glad you found the time to finish this card with your busy schedule because it is adorable. I have the same problem at times myself. Sometimes I will get my image colored but then it will be 2 or 3 days later before I get to put the card together. I guess you could say we create on the run sometimes! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend.

Priscilla said...

What wonderful card..you just keep knocking these sketches out of the ball park...You could do just about anything huh? Just fantastic all around. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time, please stop back by and check the “BIG” give away announcement next Monday.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Rosette, congrats on your MMM award...you so deserve it! Well you know what, even though it took you a while to complete this one it is well worth all that time. Gorgeous!!! Stunning coloring, papers and accessories...love those buttons! Image is just adorable. Fantastic job!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

PS: Don't forget I have blog candy for the MM players. If you leave a message on my blog you will get an extra entry into the drawing!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Rosette, beautifully coloured as always and love the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Simply darling image and I love the touch of buttons on the side!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card, fab image and colouring, great colours too.
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

stephanne said...

This is gorgeous and I love that you've pulled papers from a various paper pack rather than a Halloween pack!! I'm trying to do the same thing right now, but the Halloween papers keep calling me back. Congrats on the MM award for this stunner!!
Stephanne