Friday, May 8, 2009

Happiness Shared




Hiya!! Sorry about being away for some days from here! This week I had the kids here for most of the time, and we had to revise for May tests etc.. This is to gear them up before the final exams .. then the summer holidays from July - Sept. That will be some hectic time! *roll up eyes* lol

Anyway here today to share with you a card, a different one from the usual cuties. I needed a more elegant card, one that had to be ready in one and a half days (or better nights, my time to craft! :) Also this week we decided to sell my cards to help the Home, and the teachers wanted more and more.. so I had to spend a lot of time doing the inside of the cards I had done before. If you remember, I used to decorate only the outside before, so I had to roll up my sleeves and dig into paper and embellies! Well, that was worth it. Now I only have two cards left, and a couple I saved for my personal use! Whew!! They were really appreciated. They want me to give courses in summer.. but tell me.. being 24hrs with 6 kids around your feet.. for three months in Summer.. when its super hot here! can I organise couses??? I was never into that! I prefer creating, and stampin away! :)



Close up of the inside message. Click on the picture for a better view



Back to the card.. When it comes to this type of cards, my main inspiration is Becca. She's hooks me everytime I visit her blog, and maybe this summer I'll try to invest in some Bible themed stamps,for when I need these type ofcards. When my Birthday arrives *wink*, I know my brother always asks me to get me something, and Our Daily bread stamp sets are delish when it comes to this type of cards needed. I decided to case Becca's card, and even though at first I wasn't sure on how it will be at the end, I decided to give it a go. It's not that bad , is it?





Sorry.. not a perfect picture this one
The sentiments are computer generated (enjoy is the only clear stamp used and the Bible verse is a clear sticker), and I used my nesties a lot here. Also this week I managed to break my Martha Stewart Doily lace punch *sob*, but I still have most pieces.. so I managed to make that border by punching... with my feet!! lol



An view of the opened card

It doesn't have the handle, and it's hard to punch with the hand, the metal hurts! But.. when there is a will there is way!! I simply could not part with it.. lol (poor punch, she travelled too much to come to me, it would have been too much on it to bin it!! :))





Now I'm off to stamp something, and do something more that goes in my comfort zone. My new Magnolias arrived today.. and they are calling me.. sorry HAVE to go!! :) See ya!!

By the way, I'll be more than glad to hear your opinion on this creation. You know that your comment makes a huge difference to me!

Hugs xxx


Thanks for looking

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Rosette <3

Hugs from Cathrine!

Jacque said...

Oh My!!! That is beautiful and I am soooooooo proud of you for the good work you do...Thank you for your kind words for me...Hugs and love...Jacque

Susan said...

I can't believe you broke your Martha Stewart punch! I think I would cry if I broke mine! :( That's so nice of you to sell your cards for a good cause. I bet they are a big hit because your cards are just beautiful....including this one too!

Unknown said...

oh really precious and so wonderful.
hugs, bea

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Rosette,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Ww, this is just gorgeous sweetie, so much stunning detail! x

Desirée said...

So many beautiful cards you have made lately! Love them! I dont have any of those stamps from Greeting farm yet, maybe I must order some :)

Have a nice sunday! I had to play a little down on your blog ;)

Hugs from Desiree in Norway

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the fold in it and all the beautiful details! This is STUNNING!