Thursday, December 4, 2008

StampARTic Thank You card



Whoever of you is not visiting StampARTic, the Scandinavian/English Online magazine for us cardmakers, is missing a lot. This week, there is a challenge for this type of folder card, which makes a beautiful gift for a loved one. The challenge is set by Camilla. Also, A Spoon Full of Sugar challenged us for a Thank you card.. so I decided to combine both. I wanted to work with this Gorgeous Tilda Ice/Ballet Princess from the Pink Collection :) She's sooo cute, and reminds me of one of the kids I used to take care of.. and when I used to take her to bi-weekly ballet lessons :)This beauty lives in Roses on Paper's Store..here.. and it's a pity she stays there. Summer just got another stock of them in.. shhh don't tell anybody cause you won't find one when you go and order it!! They sell pretty fast, especially now that she has a good Sale!

As you see she is comfortably sitting, and I added dimensionals in a way that looks like she's really with one foot over the other. Also added some glitter after colouring with watercolours.. and some white strokes of gel pen. Behind her is a nestie embossed with Cuttlebug folder, and shaded with decorating chalks and ink for the edge.
You can always click on each picture to see in more detail.





This is a view of the card when opened, which closes with a ribbon bow, and below you'll find shots in different angles, to show you details of this folder card. It took me some time, but I'm happy with it! :)



The inside is decorated with a "Just for You" stamp and 3D ladybird underneath. The middle part (central) with a note paper, which I partially inked with Distress Antique linen, then I masked with a piece of heart-shaped cardstock and continued building colour, to later reveal the soft heart shape. I sticked self-adhesive letters to read GRATEFUL; and at the bottom I wrote... for your friendship!
I built a swirl out of clear gems and a large bloom. Dp is Papermania Colossal Nostalgia Warm.
I hope you like it !




By the way, I aded a chat box on my Blog. If you stop by, I'd love you to leave me a small friendship message. If I'd be online at that time, I might answer you back, and chat.. It's really easy to use. And you don't have to have a Blog either, even an email will do to be able to post. Thanks :) ♥





Thanks for looking

9 comments:

Susan said...

Love the card! I left ya some chatting on your chat while listening to your music. What will you think of next to add to your blog!

craft mad Jenny said...

wow - this is so gorgeous, love it!

Iris Wiechmann said...

What a beautiful card! I love what you did with the Ballerina Tilda and all those little details you added!

Hugs,
Iris

stampingtink said...

She's just stunning! She's one of my three favorite Tildas and I love what you did with her. The inside of your card is as beautuful as the outside. Love, adore this!

tiggertastic said...

Lovely Vintage work, I like all the elements you have used, they all come together so well

Fab Thank you card, the embossed circle works so well, very good layout

Sarah x

Kathy said...

Beautiful folder card!! Love the image and your details are so pretty!! :)kathy

Bev said...

Oh I love this Rosette, it's gorgeous!!

hugs Bev x

Lim said...

WOW.. This is stunning!! I looove this card. spectacular!!

Beautiful coloring and full of details!!! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
LIM

Dawn said...

Stunning card - I haven't tried one of these yet!