Monday, October 6, 2008

CCC Challenge 8 - Sketch by our lovely Ceal




This week at Cupcake Craft Challenges we have a new sketch to follow. It was talented Ceal's turn to decide a challenge and she gave us this lovely sketch. Go and take a look at her blog after reading mine :).. she has some lovely makes.




Now for this card: At first I started to think how I will cut a perfect oval, as I still don't have oval nesties, but then I rememberd that in a Birthday RAK I had received two oval nesties shapes! Yay!! I never cease to thank God for wonderful crafting friends :)

Anyway, I chose some coordinating papers, Tilda images and some other bits and started to work. I layered the oval on cream cardstock, cut around with scalloped scissors and distressed the edges with Distress Ink. Tilda and the chair are coloured in Pencils. I really enjoyed myself colouring her in. I never made her hair black, and I admit I like it this way! :)


Last thing I added was this bracket I doodled myself on Vellum paper with printed hearts (doesn't show at lot) and mounted the small paper roses on the edges. I love the effect this gave IRL.





For this WCMD card (I started celebrating by making this one) I used:

RAK paper (so don't know the name.. sorry)
White and cream cardstock
DCWV Text Prints Stack
Royal & Langnickel Mettalic Foils Rub on
Sizzix heart die
K & Co Brenda Walton small Love sentiment
small wooden peg from stash
small paper roses
deep red organza ribbon
Just for You paper ribbon on top of organza


I ALWAYS said that crafters are very good-at-heart people. And I want to dedicate this card to my lovely friends around the globe that think of me. As I was making the list of stash I used, I realised that other then the cardstock text print and Love sentiment, the rest are all RAKs! These firends of mine, knowing that I can't but that much stash and that I don't find what I wish here.. send me bits and pieces from the "ever growing and more than I can use" stuff.. as they call it! I'M SO GRATEFUL to you all, and I hope that you do come and visit here to see what you're helping me create. Hugs and kisses sent to you.xxx







Enough talk... I hope to see your lovely entries for this week's challenge. Each week the number is increasing, but we would like to see more.
Peace and Blessings
Rosette.xx

8 comments:

maxine said...

Fantastic card Rosette. Lovely stamp and I love the way you have coloured it. Its so pretty.

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Hi Rosette,

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my blogcandy. I keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck!

I loved watching your blog, you make beautiful cards!!

Kind regards,

Renata

Mel said...

beautiful card Rosette :)

SusanBluerobot said...

WOW wonderful card

CraftyC said...

A stunning card, just gorgeous!!
Clairex

Carol said...

Beautiful
TFS

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Another beautiful card, hun!

hugs,
Chris xx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Rosette - such pretty colours and papers

hugs Bevx