Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spoon Full of Sugar- Nikki's sketch




This week at Spoon Full of Sugar there was this cute sketch. I loved it immediately, and decided I wanted to give it a try. I had a scrapbooking paper that I wanted to work with, together with a Sarah Kay image I received as part of the Blog candy I had won.

This is what came of it! :)





I coloured the image with water-colours, having to mix with some black to create a distressed look on the clothes. I chose to decoupage some leaves and flowers from the same paper onto the image's border, after I doodled some flourishes freehand. Finally I couldn't resist to add some glittery sparkle to her trousers, hat and to the red flower..! This image helps you to visualise more how it looks



Rayher Scrapbooking Paper
White, dark red and green cardstock
Sarah Kay image
Dark red organza
Prima flowers
Dark Red Button
Green embroidert thread
Gems
Studio G Sentiment
Pearl Brad

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Card Rosette!! Well done
Lauren xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Rosette love the DP, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Rosette, I love the beautiful paper and your doodled flourishes - superb!

hugs Bevx

Trina said...

Beautiful card! Love the dp and your image! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Rach said...

Beautiful card, Hugs Rachxx